Post your answers as comments. Answers will be posted in a week or two.
(1) Where is the Gobi desert?
(2) Which country has the highest peak that is not part of the Himalayan range?
(3) Which is the only country in the world that does not have a rectangular flag?
(4) Name the highest plateau in the world.
(5) The famous Serengeti National Park is in which country?
(6) Name the largest country in mainland Southeast Asia?
(7) What is the new name of Leningrad city (Hint: it is in Russia)?
(8) Which country is known as the Land of the Rising Sun?
(9) Where is the largest free-standing mountain (i.e. a stand-alone mountain and not part of a range) in the world?
(10) Which African country is known for the cruel dictator Idi Amin? This country is also known as the Horn of Africa.